The last farmer at Skaga transferred the deeds for the farm to Hallingdal Høgskulelag, which built a folk high school here in 1958. The old farm courtyard and buildings was converted into a museum – with stugu (residence), loft, stabbur (storehouse on stone/wood pillars), barn, stalls with hayloft, smokehouse and woodshed. Later on, the museum obtained a sauna shed (from Trondsgard) and grain grinding shed (from Brennhovd), summer farm building with adjoining milking shed (from Turhusvollen at Habbeset) and feed storage building (from Sjauset), also a schoolhouse (from Grønlio).
Gol Bygdemuseum is a splendid choice for an outing and the courtyard may be visited all year round. The buildings are open to the public during the working week in July. Groups may book guided tours at other times.
HALLINGDAL MUSEUM / GOL BYGDEMUSEUM
Tlf: 32 07 14 85